Who is eligible for the program?

University students, graduates, and non-students between the ages of 19 and 30 are eligible for the program. Applicants with experience working with kids, leadership experiences, and/or skills and experience in activities offered at camp have a better chance to be placed.

What are the program dates?

The program is nine weeks long between mid June and mid August. Exact dates vary from camp to camp.

What skills and/or experience do I need to have?

You must have experience working with kids and/or hold skills relevant to the activities offered at a summer camp. You could be a student, teacher, sports instructor, or youth worker.

What is the application deadline?

The earlier you apply the better and the earlier you will get placed. Applications are accepted mid-August through April.

Can I still apply if I can´t commit to nine weeks of work?

Exceptions can be made. Even though you have a better chance to get placed if you can commit to nine weeks.

A camp offered me a position, what can I do?

Contact us and we will help you get the paperwork for your summer adventure.

How long after I apply will I hear about my placement?

We work to find you a camp as soon as possible. It could take weeks or even months to find the right placement for you. Don´t worry your personal agent will stay in touch with you and let you know. Remember, the earlier you apply and the more flexible you are about the type of camp and dates of availability, the better chance for an early placement.

Will I have any time off?

During your contract at camp, you will have an average of one day off a week, as well as brief periods of time off during each day and one to two evenings off during the week. Each camp has different schedules.

What is SEVIS?

SEVIS stands for the Student Exchange Visitor Information System used by the U.S. Department of State to track all persons on student and exchange visitor visas in the country. All participants on the ICE – CIEE Camp Exchange USA program will be registered in the SEVIS system.

What does my insurance cover?

Your insurance covers most medical care within the U.S. and up to $100,000 usd in medical care.

I have a problem at camp, who should I ask for help?

You should ask your immediate supervisor or camp director first, or if it’s a health problem; contact the healthcare staff that every camp has. If this doesn´t result in a solution, contact your personal ICE agent and call CIEE at 1-888-COUNCIL (1-888-268-6245) for assistance.

I have a family emergency and need to return home immediately, what do I do?

Call CIEE at 1-888-COUNCIL (1-888-268-6245) immediately for assistance. You will also need to contact the insurance company, which may be able to assist rebooking your flight. And also contact your personal ICE agent.

I have to leave camp before the end of my contract, what should I do?

Call CIEE at 1-888-COUNCIL (1-888-268-6245) immediately to explain the situation and why you need to leave camp. You will be responsible for any costs that would been paid by your camp. And also contact your personal ICE agent.


: 332 2541868